Inicia sesión para empezar

FORO DE DISCUSION

Forum: Suggestions / Ideas
Minor - Saving the settings for the Courses landing screen

Andreea Lazar
Andreea Lazar

Level: 38
Streak: 7
Super minor suggestion, would it be possible to have the Courses landing screen settings saved between sessions? For now, I have the following behaviour: - Show mine only button - need to be toggled again upon re-login (I am using my Google account to sign in) - Course sorting filter - needs to be re-applied after re-login or when switching between menu The behaviour I would like is to have both of these settings remembered between sessions and after logging in. Of course, these should default for new users. Again, this is a super minor suggestion, more of a "would be nice to have" but really not at all critical. Thanks!

4 comments

Fender Tremolo
Fender Tremolo
Using MEMORY to learn Spanish. Pienso que mi habilidad actual es promedio...

Level: 24
Streak: 0
Administrator
thanks again for pointing out a serious usability issue. actually, its more than a minor suggestion. it drives me nuts having to set them every page load. it is not professional. The original design was to save, and I think it wasn't done due to older IOS causing a security warning. Those versions are probably dead now, so I try to get that implemented with the devs who are currently battling outages from botting issues. If not done in a week please remind us on this thread.
Andreea Lazar
Andreea Lazar

Level: 38
Streak: 7
Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation. For me, critical is when something is really not working, so I might have played this down a bit... Will return here with a reminder if not solved by next week 😃
Memory Support
Memory Support
This is a shared account for Memory developers and support

Level: 8
Administrator
This is actually going to tie in with a new categorisation update. We understand the course page is rather difficult to navigate and, as courses have grown into the thousands over time, it is full of irrelevant courses for most users. The plan is to allow users to apply categories (rather than typing in tags) to courses, So there will be links such as /courses/food/English/last_played/mine We will make it so the last preference is stored at the same time and it's clear which are selected. Need to improve the search too. We could just make it so the current settings save as a temporary fix, but we had a lot of emails from users confused to say they are sometimes confused by returning to the page and forgetting settings are enabled, and not being able to find a course. Planning to do it properly this time.
Memory Support
Memory Support
This is a shared account for Memory developers and support

Level: 8
Administrator
This didn't make the cut. Course filtering still needs persisting. Added to our internal TODO list. Sadly, can't prioritise it to no.1 just yet. Having looked at it, the way it was written did not consider the possibility of persistence. Component needs rewrite.
You must be logged in to comment